April 19, 2024, 06:54:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prevent my keyboard from controlling Analog lab  (Read 3250 times)

andykarn

Prevent my keyboard from controlling Analog lab
« on: June 08, 2023, 05:51:42 pm »
Maybe an odd question, usually people can't get the link to work, but I want to break the link, preventing my sliders and knobs on my Keylab 88
to change the settings of the sound.
It's for a live performance, and I'm using Ableton Live. I have a few different songs set up in Ableton with different sounds from Analog Lab V.
When I change any of the sliders or knobs on my midi controller keyboard it changes ALL the different sounds in my project, not just the one I'm currently playing.
Perhaps I'm setting up my Ableton project in the wrong way for live performance? I've armed ALL the tracks and I link one pad on the midi controller to solo the instruments (tracks)
I'm using for that particular song. For example; pressing pad #2 on my Keylab 88 will solo 3 tracks - piano, synth pad and brass. Changing any sliders during song #2 will also affect the rest of the songs.
So when it's time for song #3, then the sounds for song #3 have changed character (cutoff/reverb/chorus etc)
Any idea on how to prevent this from happening? Once I've loaded a patch in Analog Lab and made some settings to it, I want to lock it and prevent it from changing.

andykarn

Re: Prevent my keyboard from controlling Analog lab
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 09:06:07 pm »
Hm, ok, writing the problem out loud kind of helped me find a solution;
Instead of SOLOING tracks for each song I just ARMED tracks instead, which prevents changes on tracks that are not armed.
I'm pretty new to all this, as you can tell....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines