March 19, 2024, 07:17:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: click heard at start of some trigs  (Read 16735 times)

vailsy

Re: click heard at start of some trigs
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 05:00:06 am »
I am also encountering this problem but near the max of the modulation wheel range. I tried the software calibration but the problem still persists..

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 09:44:02 am »
I am also encountering this problem but near the max of the modulation wheel range. I tried the software calibration but the problem still persists..
When doing calibration, try not set modwheel at real mechanical maximum, but only around  90%-95%. I may help in your case.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »
I noticed that my Pitch Wheel wasn't able to reach the full 12 semitone bending when the Bend Range was set to that. Mod Wheel worked/works perfectly so I thought it was an inevitable factory (hardware) miscalibration, which I honestly learned to live with since I rarely require any -/+12 pitch bending.

Today, while using the MiniBrute as a MIDI controller (since it's now the closest keyboard I have and almost always on) I've noticed that moving the Pitch Bend wheel and then letting it rest at "0", the last value it sent was -1 instead of 0.

The smallest positive value I'm able to send is +4 ("E0 04 40") and resting the Pitch Bend at its default center position always sends -1 ("E0 7F 3F") instead of 0 ("E0 00 40").
Edit: I was able to get +1 and +9 but never 0, while trying to move the wheel up as little as possible.

This made me do some searching which led me to this thread, fortunately :)

I tried the calibration utility and after a few tries (which is kinda strange. It should work the 1st time, right?) and some turning the MiniBrute OFF/ON I was able to fix the issue I accepted already but I'm grateful it is fixed: Being able to reach +12 semitone when Bend Range is >=12. This was great.

Problem is, it didn't fix the Pitch Bend center not sending "E0 00 40". It's still sending "E0 7F 3F" i.e. -1, out of the range -8192..+8191 i.e. "E0 00 00".."E0 7F 7F" which I just confirmed, MiniBrute is now able to reach.

Since I'm on the subject, I'm not sure if this has something to do with it or if it's an expected behavior:

The Bend Range knob effectively only works between the 5th line marker and the 18th marker (from a total of 19 line markers, the 10th being the center).

From below the 1st marker to the 5th I get a bend of +/-1 semitone and from the 18th upward I get the 12 semitone bending.

Some semitone values happen on 2 markers or between them, like 10th and 11th do the same -/+6 semitone or the 13th sometimes gets the -/+7 or -/+8 depending that its just a bit over that 13th marker, etc.

So, I'm ok with this "weird scaling" since this is an analog "beast" and things can't possibly work 100% like digitally controlled synths, but I was hoping to get the Pitch Bend center to 0 working, since that part of the synth is digital (right?).

Is this something still fixable through the calibration software utility ? :)

Edit2: This thread really needs a new title it seriously derailed into off-topic ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:20:22 pm by Koshdukai »

tannhauser

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »
I have the exact same 'clicking sound' problem !
It can happen 5 times in a minute or not happen in 1 day, so it's hard to tell what causes it.
I'm pretty sure it's not caused by the mod wheel, for the aftertouch I'm not sure...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines