March 19, 2024, 10:37:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Support!  (Read 2449 times)

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Support!
« on: January 18, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »

I just bought a new Windows 8 computer along with the Arturia The Player keyboard. I found out that Arturia does not offer support for the new Windows OS 8 System. I have started different posts regarding the issue and have gotten 2 different answers, 1-We will not support it. 2.-We will have 64 bit support soon. 3.-In general we do not recommend Win8 as an OS for audio production.

I also have contacted several people at Arturia about 3 weeks ago and no response yet! I am disappointed at the lack of support and or response timing. I will have to return the item back to GC and get something else instead. I hope to hear something back soon since I really would like to keep this awesome keyboard.

Thanks.

Rebecca@arturia

Re: Support!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:28:18 am »
Hello edpdx,

Do you have case number from our support system?

To answer your questions.   There was talk of a 64 bit analog Player however there is no release date for this update. 
Also, We have not fully tested the products on Windows 8.  Because of this we cannot recommend the OS for use of our products. 

Regards,

Rebecca

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:02:42 pm »
Hi Rebecca,

Unfortunately because of the uncertainty("their was talk") of a release date to support  Windows 8 and the recommendation of "we cannot recommend the OS for use of our products" have prompted me to return The Player keyboard and look at other companies that are more align, supportive and currently have support with Windows 8 or looking into implementing it with their products(Novation, Cakewalk, Korg, ect, ect)

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:08:33 am by edpdx »

Rebecca@arturia

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 06:20:28 pm »
Hello EDPDX,

They do function on windows 8,  they just have not been fully tested and therefore may have some bugs.  It is not a Windows 8 compatibility issue.  We also do support the platform.   
It is simply a 64 bit compatibility issue.   Analog Player and Analog Factory are only 32 bit compatible. 

I'm sorry about your experience.

Regards,

Rebecca

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:37:27 am by David@Arturia »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines