March 19, 2024, 10:51:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: spark and recording live into garageband  (Read 2699 times)

the sphinx

spark and recording live into garageband
« on: January 15, 2013, 04:02:31 pm »
Hi all, can someone help. i have Spark and want to record some fills onto tracks i have already recorded into Garageband. i simply want to play along on the pads to create a live feel (one of the reasons i bought this hardware controller). For the life of me i cannot work out how to do this.
First things first, when using Spark to record onto Garageband do i use the Spark VST in the drop down menu within Garageband or do i open up the hardware software and work through that.
Secondly when recording how should the preferences be set, the manual does a terrible job of explaining all this.
i am not really interested in the presets but want to just play along using the great sounds within Spark and then hopefully be able to edit these within my DAW.
Is Garageband limited in this regard, i may upgrade to Logic, but will this give me more options?
Please can someone give me a lucid step by step process as i feel Spark has great potential but i end up spending hours trying to work things out instead of making music, i bought Anologue Lab and that seemed to be a lot more straight forward ( even though it crashes on a regular basis), however at least i am having fun and recording with the keyboard. Spark is dangerously close to being sold but i really want try everything before i part with it.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: spark and recording live into garageband
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:32:58 am »
Hi,
the simplest way to record what you are doing is to record it inside Spark sequencer.
Then drag and drop the patten into Garage Band MIDI track.
Recording in real time is possible but slightly more complicated.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines