March 19, 2024, 09:19:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issue with the roll function  (Read 3072 times)

BwoupBwoup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Issue with the roll function
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:09:24 pm »
Hi,

first, sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother language !

I've got some issues with the roll function into the X/Y pad, If I record a 1/32 snare roll for example, the program will not record all the instance of the snare.

Is this because of the grid size ?

Hope you'll help me, I'm producing dirty south beat and without these function, I cannot do anything !

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Issue with the roll function
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:01:09 am »
Is this because of the grid size ?
YEs,
you can change the grid resolution in the sequencer view.
Set it to 1/32 and you will be able to record.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

BwoupBwoup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »
Ok I see but i have much less space by doing that this way ! When i set the grid to 1/32, the software automaticaly change the bar lenght to 2, So it's not as easy to line up elaborate melody in only one pattern..

I know that spark is more like an old school drum machine than an mpc style sequencer but have you consider to make a free grid in the next upgrade ? It would be more suitable for  hip-hop styles of music.

Also i haven't yet tried to record spark in my DAW (ableton live) but If I do, does the soft record the lenght of my note (ex: Short kick/long kick) ?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:37 pm »
I know that spark is more like an old school drum machine than an mpc style sequencer but have you consider to make a free grid in the next upgrade ?

Yes but this is not something you can change easily, so I can not tell you when it will be done.

Also i haven't yet tried to record spark in my DAW (ableton live) but If I do, does the soft record the lenght of my note (ex: Short kick/long kick) ?

Nope, but you can use the decay parameter for that.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

BwoupBwoup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:35 pm »
Ok thanks for you quick answer !

Yeah I know a free grid must certainly not be easy to do but if you do it you will definitely gain new customer !

Spark is a very powerful tool to make dope electro beat in no time, if you can do some adjustement (like free grid, who will allow recording lenght of the notes too) to have the same result with style of music who need more "flexibility".. don't know how to say this correctly.. like hip-hop, abstract or acid jazz, Spark will definitely become a must-have !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines