March 19, 2024, 04:06:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keyboard weights have come off  (Read 19312 times)

slipperysoles

Keyboard weights have come off
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:10:43 am »
Three of the weights inside the package, must have come off from the keyboard.

Any tips how to fix this?

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keyboard weights have come off
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 05:35:20 am »
Most people say superglue works.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:35:44 pm »
Indeed, it does work fine. Any cyanoacrilate glue will do the job.
I enclosed the TechNote on how to do it properly.

Sorry about this issue...
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

MattCH

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »
Hi, just received my Minibrute and it has 3 loose weights, 2 of which are rattling around inside the machine. Ordinarily I would just send it straight back to the retailer, but given how hard these are to come by at the moment... can I open up the case and fix this myself without invalidating my warranty, and if so can you give me instructions on opening up the case?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 09:22:46 am »
Hi MattCH,
please open a case at the support, you will be provided with a document on how to open the machine, remember to register your Brute with the serial on the sticker on the back of the machine. It will not void the warranty.

bruno
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Shy-Guy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 02:36:03 pm »
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

I have opened a case. Case 122086

Could someone please send me the document to repair.

Many thanks!

Tranzer71

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:01:14 pm »
I have the same problem, tech already reprted back at the same i open the case last friday. They told me how to do it en send me some jpg how to open it.
But i contacted my store to let it be done by a professional, if i did it myself the waaranty would not be gone Arturia told me. but i dont like to open my synths myself so i have to wait untill the store has some time to fix it. it'sm a common thing it happens on a regular base with other synths too, i have a warranty so i let the shop fix this because the plate at the bottom is not very easy to "gentle" pull backwards, and of course i dont want to destroy the machine. if more problems come up in the next few weeks i send it back. thats the good thing of having a 2 year warranty.

fattypart

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:09:06 pm »
my Minibrute arrived today, it sounds great but has a few issues.   :(

the first thing i noticed, is there is something rattling around inside. on closer inspection, 2 key weights are missing from underneath the keys. one of them was found inside the packaging; is it possible for the other weight to have fallen inside the mb causing it to rattle? 

the other problem is my MB doesn't  lay flat on my desk.

i'm not sure whether to send the machine back, or try and mend these issues myself. i will contact support and see what they say. if anyone has any advice, i would be most interested to hear your thoughts, cheers!

dplaisant

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 10:36:14 am »
Ive also had the same problem. When i try to open a case on support nothing gets logged.

Please can you send me over the guide so i can get this fixed.

Regards.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 09:24:54 am »
It's enclosed to my latest post in the topic reply#2
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

bigcatrik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:29 am »
I have a new MB with a weight stuck inside the MB (from shipping, I assume).

Can I just leave it in there?  Will there be any problems with that? 

And can I leave  the other two weights that fell off other keys (and didn't fall into the machine) off?  I don't intend to play the keyboard much.  I intend to use it mostly with an EWI4000s MIDI wind controller.  It works great with that.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »
you don't need to glue it back if the different feeling does not disturb you, but I highly recommend you to take out the one that is inside the machine. It could create electrical shortcuts if it goes on the boards.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

BodoBrute

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »
Hi,

I just received my MiniBrute. However, one keyboard weight is dangling loose, and 7 (seven!) more have come off entirely, two of which are apparently trapped inside the synth. I checked out the posted Tech note 03, which refers me to Tech note 04 on how to open the unit, which I could not find. Can you direct me to this information (or email it to me) so I can fix it soon?

Thanks in advance!

bigcatrik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 03:48:29 pm »
I just received my MiniBrute. However, one keyboard weight is dangling loose, and 7 (seven!) more have come off entirely, two of which are apparently trapped inside the synth. I checked out the posted Tech note 03, which refers me to Tech note 04 on how to open the unit, which I could not find. Can you direct me to this information (or email it to me) so I can fix it soon?

When I had this problem I opened a support ticket and the instructions were sent very quickly.  I would definitely go through that "official" channel if you haven't gotten a response over this "casual" channel (and since you never know what a random internet user will send you as an attachment it's probably a lot safer anyway).

BodoBrute

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 11:27:41 am »
Hi bigcatrik,

When I had this problem I opened a support ticket

I did do that ;) (more or less simultaneously with my forum posting above), but haven't received an answer yet.

Anyway, after some more trying I actually managed to get them out from underneath the keyboard without opening the synth (and without damading anything else), so that's fine for now. I'll buy some 'superglue' later on and re-attach them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines