March 19, 2024, 07:13:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Laboratory - No activation code on email  (Read 11720 times)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Analog Laboratory - No activation code on email
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 01:32:33 pm »
Pm Kevin, adrien or David at Arturia. They seem to be the guys that take notice. As for Tech support, well you may as well email my cat.

Adrien: Thank you, but as you can understand I can't handle all tech support requests for licenses, I try to focus on bugs. BTW David is the head of the Tech support. BUT writing through the classic tech support form will ensure you an answer, while PMing us will not.
IF you had no answer for some time, just reply to the first mail you received from the server, it will push your request back to the top of the recent list.

Again, IF you really need help we are always here, but I have to warn everyone that PM are not for general support, but more for forum issues, and topic related discussions, spaming our PM mail box would be unproductive.

I hope you understand, this is really for the best, again, we really want to take care of everyone.

Understand your trepidation, but once this is sorted if your fairly up to date on all things computer music / midi related, you won't need tech support.

Any issues with the software, dig into your library and ditch the standalone and plug in prefs for AL, assuming your on a mac, don't know where they live in the PC world, program files maybe.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:14:12 pm by Adrien »
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

rockrep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 03:23:48 am »
Thanks again Stuey.  Took me awhile to figure out what you meant about PM, but managed eventually.   Have PM'ed David and we will see what results.
OS X 10.8.3

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 12:24:30 pm »
Hi Adrien

While I agree with everything you're saying regarding support, and people do need to go down the correct channels in order for a consistant set up, however. Unfortunately the technical support is just not pro ative enough and it seems that the only way to get answers is to speak to the big guns. I chat to Kevin a fair bit on here, he's been very helpful as have you. I also see David on the forums giving advice which has helped users out.

My experience of Tech support is  50/50, half good, half bad but other users seem to be getting zero joy from support. In some cases a quick PM to David, Kevin or yourself will kick the process along. I'm not suggesting you start doing tech support :) but merely you are a conduit between users sending in tech support questions and hearing nothing back or getting the response they have asked for.

I also appreciate that tech support is free but maybe at least adding some kind of SLA means users are not left in the dark when they have problems.

My last two tech support question could not have been more different. I asked about registration and that i had never received an activation code. The agent gt back to me within a few days and gave me suggestions, I then asked another few questions which were answered the same day.  Perfect. My next one was not so perfect.

I had an issue with Analog Laboratory playing different notes on the keyboard, i put it up on the forum but no one answered so I sent in a tech support question. I had to resend my query asking for an update as I had not heard in over a week. I received an answer asking me to send in Midi data, I did so but still nothing after a week. I then started to diagnose it myself, still leaving questions open. I found out that it was only on one machine that I had an issue. I asked the support guy where my AL prefs were situated, No reply. I looked around and found them as I sort of knew where they were but wanted to check I wasn't going to throw away any presets.

I ditched my prefs and it was sorted, my issue I had resolved. After this time no one got back to me about the data I had sent. I then sent another update saying that I had fixed my issue, still nothing, no reply no email or anything. The ticket was just closed. That is poor customer relations and even worse tech support.

From the forums, people have this all the time and although I believe that 50% of these could be easily fixed by users reading manuals and being more patient and trying things to resolve their issues, I also believe that the level of support received isn't as good as it should be.

Thanks, Stuart
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:27:03 pm by stuey »
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

rockrep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 05:10:50 pm »
Adrien, David, Arturia

Adrien says "BUT writing through the classic tech support form will ensure you an answer"

When exactly?  How is it you have time to respond to a forum post telling people they shouldn't PM, yet you don't have the courtesy to send Activation Codes to a paying customer that can't get one from your registration process, and can't get a reply from technical support for going on 4 days now?  Is your priority to not be bothered with customer issues?  Or to solve customer issues?
OS X 10.8.3

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 06:19:11 pm »
Thanks again Stuey.  Took me awhile to figure out what you meant about PM, but managed eventually.   Have PM'ed David and we will see what results.

No problem, hope you get it sorted soon.
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

rockrep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 07:14:24 am »
After numerous attempts at deleting my registration and re-registering, then manually requesting an activation code by specifying hard disk crash, I finally got an Activation Code.   And entering that allowed me to get a license, and the Analog laboratory s/w loads.  FINALLY. I'm afraid to breathe at this point, but there it is.   

Perhaps Arturia fixed something server-side, or perhaps the stars aligned and I found the wormhole.   Still ridiculous I have never gotten any response from anyone at Arturia.   And now to finally make some music with this thing...
OS X 10.8.3

Dj ChefLara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 02:48:17 pm »
Hi Stuey,
I have reformatted my computer and apparently the product is not activated in my elicenser. I reentered the code but the application rejects it because it says it is already in use. What can I do? Where is the license saved in the computer? Please help. Thanks

Dav1d

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 03:19:34 pm »
rockrep: I just answered you, all apologies for the delay

ikolev57

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 10:48:32 pm »
I have the same problem and sending new activation codes won't work either. I'm posting here because I really would hope for David to see this so the process does not take a whole week until I get a response.

Thank you.

Adrien

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 08:08:57 pm »
Because of the holidays,
and the fact that this post is marked resolved he will not see it.
1. write to sales-inquiry@arturia.com
2. create a separate topi if you want

best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines