March 19, 2024, 04:22:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 1.5 wont act like other plugins in Cubase 6  (Read 2802 times)

moogtube

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark 1.5 wont act like other plugins in Cubase 6
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:55 am »
Hi.
1. I'm having a challenge with Spark 1.5. After launching as a plugin in Cubase 6, if I touch the spark screen, then I can't use Cubase  until I first touch on Cubase screen first. then of course I can't use the spark features on the screen until i first touch on the spark screen. All my other plugs/soft instruments work properly, with them sharing screen priority as normal. I'm sure this used to work ok before 1.5 update?

2. Spark 1.5 is not recognised in PT9 at all.

PS. I've tested these 2 problems on both my Mac pro and my macbook pro with exactly the same results

Also the previous midi note mapping problem I had is all good now thanks.

cheers

moogtube

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark 1.5 wont act like other plugins in Cubase 6
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:40:51 pm »
Update:

I've reinstalled 1.1 and this problem no longer exists. plugin also shows up in Pt9

Then installed 1.4.1 and problem is back

cheers

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 03:11:38 pm »
Hi,
What do you mean by "I can't use Cubase  until I first touch on Cubase screen first"?

Concerning PT9,  do you have an error message or is it that the plugin is not listed?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

moogtube

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 10:03:20 am »
Normally when a plugin is launched, it appears on top of the host program (Cubase). and both can be operated on the screen at the same time, without one taking screen priority from the other.

But when I click on the spark plugin screen, I can't just say press the spacebar to start or stop or do anything in Cubase. Until I first click somewhere on Cubase. then the same problem with spark, I first have to click on it on the screen before I can adjust anything on the screen. Neither screens hide or go behind the other. they just take clicking priority away from the other. I tested this by installing an early version of Spark 1.1 and it worked right, just like all my other plugins and virtual instruments do.

If i launch spark, then press space bar to start, then I have to click on spark screen, then after this I can use spark and adjust spark on the screen. but then pressing spacebar wont stop cubase, I have to first click on cubase somewhere, then pressing spacebar will stop. then same problem with spark.

In PT9 it does not show up at all. but reinstalling Spark 1.1 solved this as well.

So both issues seem to be with Spark 1.4/5?

Although since 1.4 the MIDI note number spec and operation has been great. Well done with that!

cheers

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:49:56 am »
Hi,
thanks for the details. I understand better now.
For both problem I don't know what could have been changed that will impact that but I will try to find out what's wrong.
What OS are you running?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

moogtube

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 05:01:15 am »
Thanks.

I use OSX 10.6.2  on mac pro quad,   and also OSX 10.6.8 on Macbook pro dual (Cubase 6.07 and PT 9.06 on both)

cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines