March 19, 2024, 03:26:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: send midi only on a specific out / track?  (Read 1816 times)

stevism

• Beta-testers
send midi only on a specific out / track?
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:07:11 pm »
hey all,

i was just wondering if each pad has a default midi note, or if it is possible to route midi from only one instrument to another track in your daw...without having to separate the audio to different outs.

thanks for the input and sorry if this is covered elsewhere either on the forums or manual...i just couldn't figure it out frmo either

Seb

• Tech-Support
Re: send midi only on a specific out / track?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:32:23 am »
Separating the audio to different outs shouldn't change anything related to midi. But if you want to use a "blank" track that only sends midi notes and doesn't play audio, you can load an empty sample, mute/reduce track volume to 0, or indeed send to a separate out that is not in use.

Otherwise, Spark sends midi notes from each pad, I think you can change the notes that are sent via the option "choose midi drum map for pads" of the preferences panel. I don't think it is possible to send each pad to different midi channels, or to choose specific notes for each pad.

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: send midi only on a specific out / track?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:13 pm »
I wasn't able to figure out how to change the notes, but that did make me think of how to identify what note was being played from pad1 and then use this information...all i wanted to do was isolate the midi note for the kick drum so i could use it for sidechain compression.

thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction, i really appreciate it!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines