March 19, 2024, 05:55:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updating my Origin?!?  (Read 5457 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Updating my Origin?!?
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »
Hi everybody!!!

Long wait has now ended: Today I got my Origin Desktop back from repair. Big Thanks to Arturia to solving this case! This was quite a long time to be without my favorite instrument: 2 months!

Now, I can see that my Desktop has new fresh OS 1.3.50. Problem is that I was using 1.4 and many of my presets were made after pre-releases of 1.4 became available. So what to do? Is there some safe update of 1.4 which I could try to install?

I remember well, that update wasn't very easy thing to do last time; I had to do it in PC cause for some reason I could not update those 1.4 releases in Mac. (Untill 1.3.50 I did in Mac)

P

tertior

Re: Updating my Origin?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:51:13 pm »

I'm on 10.5.8 and no problem for update the 1.4; take  the good Origin connection to for your OS Mac if  you are before Leopard  but I imagine that no..you are on 10.5 ?
But wait the 1.41 ,  she 's  shipping soon.

Rebecca@arturia

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »
Hello JacksonP,

1.3.50 is install because 1.4 wasn't stable.  We're working on fixing it and will put it back on the website as soon as the bugs in it are fixed.

Regards,

Rebecca

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:57:58 pm »
Well,

In fact I had 1.4 stored in my computer and earlier I could update it with PC (not with Mac). Now, for some reason this did not work in any of my three computers (PC, Mac book or Mac mini). Update will stop very early and crashes OC app. Strange thing, cause I did exactly same like before...?

Problem is of course that I cannot use my presets...

Another thing with my repaired Origin: It asks owner every time I put it on.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:31:16 pm »
Hi P
are you sure you used version 1.4 of Origin Connection (which is included in the 1.4 update .zip file) when you tried from your PC?

And I would make sure, after you connect your Origin to the PC via USB, to close and re-open Origin Connection (the one that came with 1.4 update .zip file) before you run the update.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:33:08 am »
I don't believe it... >:(

A new issue appeared with this repaired Origin:

It does not remember ANY system settings. Asking Owner Name is just one.

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:42:45 am »
Hi JacksonP,

Because some hardware items have been replaced here in Grenoble all your global settings have been lost in the process. Sorry for that. Maybe we could enhance the process so that we restore original user settings. Any way we should have returned you an Origin loaded with the 1.4.0 firmware because the preset incompatibility is a known issue. If you have kept somewhere the 1.4.0 Origin Connection you can use it to upgrade to 1.4.0 and then wait for the 1.4.1.

Concerning the coming 1.4.1, I'll publish very soon (maybe this evening or tomorrow, french time) a pre-release 1.4.1 version. I did a lot of fixes to Origin Connection and to lower pieces of software  (some LINUX IO drivers running on the machine itself) to yield a more reliable communication between a computer and Origin. It does not address all the issues that have been reported so far but most of them. Well.... I hope it does :-)

One problem has not yet been fixed, it is the non-detection of Origin hardware by Origin Connection in some rare cases. If I can spare some more time on Origin in the near future I'll try to fix this one too, otherwise I'll have a look at it when I start the work on the 1.5 release (undetermined date).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:26:47 am by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 12:22:00 pm »
Hi Philippe!

This is what makes me the most worried at the moment:
If I now make some system settings and switch it off and then on again, Origin does not remember those new adjustments. It does not remember my owner name, midi settings, audio in auto start, default tempo...

And I had 1.4. zipped packet and I did try it with PC and two macs. No success...

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:24:44 pm by JacksonP »

Philippe

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 02:15:55 pm »
Hmmmm.

Does it fail when you try an update, or when connecting to Origin?

Could you send me the log files? With OC 1.4.0 go to the "File" menu and select "Open the Logs Folder". In the opened window select everything, compress and send me the archive.

What you can check also is if your Origin is seen by "Audio MIDI Setup" on a Mac. In the MIDI Window you should see a glossy icon named Origin.
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 02:28:50 pm »
Oh and just in case, could you try to restart Origin while pressing simultaneously  '0', '1' and '2' on the preset selection keypad?
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 03:26:27 pm »
Hi Philippe,

Update is a one problem but still I am mostly puzzled with this another: Origin does not remember system settings? I certainly hope we don't have a new hardware problem here... I could tolerate at least some time with 1.3.5.0 but what is quite unacceptable that I have to make all my system settings every time I put it on. Could this new problematic be somehow related to update problems..? Finaly, have you any idea what might be the cause of this "amnesia" and what does it tell you about the system?

Update problem isn't in the connection in "normal" use: OC can form a usb-connection when I launch the app. It reads Origins presets and I can also download presets to O. But process stops and crashes OC after it tells me to reboot Origin.

Anyway I sent you (to mail address which I had in my old PM:s) both Log files and also a screenshot of crashed process. At the moment I have concentrated to PC platform simple because it have worked earlier (I had update problem in mac).

EDIT: And I did this reset with 1,2,0 and no difference. What was it supposed to do anyway?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:12:05 pm by JacksonP »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines