March 28, 2024, 08:40:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reloading of extra factory preset with upcoming 1.4.1 firmware  (Read 3708 times)

Philippe

Reloading of extra factory preset with upcoming 1.4.1 firmware
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:54 pm »
Hello Origin users,

I'll make available very soon a pre-release version of the 1.4.1 Origin firmware. This will be a bug fix only wit no additional feature.
Fixes are the following:
1- Fix a crash at start-up of Origin Connection that occurs when the number of Audio- Midi devices (real or virtual) is too high.
2- Fix the “low level volume” bug that occurs when Origin starts up (on a machine with the global setting “Knob Mode” set to “HOOK”.
3- Fix the overwriting of the sound-designer name when a preset is loaded.
4- Fix the bug that prevented to open a JoyMixer parameter view (that is the zoomed module view) when used in a new
preset.

The bug #3 fix restore the "sound designer" attribute that was crashed when the preset was loaded into Origin. The update process will first backup your presets, install the factory presets (P0->P399) and the additional factory presets (from P400 to P513) and the multis from M1000 to M1106. So you'll have to restore your own presets using Origin Connection and the backup. The "reload backup" will ignore all the presets from P0 to P513. This is not really surprising because they are factory presets. There's however a potential problem here. Presets from P400 to P513 are modifiable presets which means that after the update and the backup reload they all will be reset to their original (factory) content, you'll loose your modifications.

I'd like to get your opinion on that behaviour.

Thanks,

Philippe

Origin Lead  Developer

ASch

Re: Reloading of extra factory preset with upcoming 1.4.1 firmware
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 08:50:06 am »
That behaviour is fine with me, I've been resaving any modified presets at 0514 and above...

Looking forward to the update - thanks!  :)

Andreas

chimpy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 04:55:31 pm »
Yes, I too have been saving my presets higher than that.
Good work. Thanks.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:04:20 pm »

Same here - if I modify one of the 400 - 513 presets I always save it somewhere above 513

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:38:30 pm »
as long as people have saved (backup) their patches (only talking from P400 to P513), they will just have to reload them after the whole updating process, right? if they want to reload them in P400 to P513 slots, they will have to delete factory presets in this slots to free up the space and reload their patches in those slots. In other words, if it's just 5 or 10 minutes time loss, it's not a problem for me.

tertior

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:40:02 pm »
No problem for me too for the N° 3 ;
this bug fix is a good new too" Fix a crash at start-up of Origin Connection that occurs when the number of Audio- Midi devices (real or virtual) is too high."  :-*

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines