March 28, 2024, 07:02:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No sound, envelope leds dead.  (Read 3673 times)

Zaphod

No sound, envelope leds dead.
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:05:23 pm »
Hi there,
i got a Minibrute today, finally.
there seems to be a problem with it.

in short, there's no sound. never ever, although i tried all the obious suggestions, like gate source.
problem could be related to the following: the leds of both of the envelopes are dead. so maybe the envelopes are never getting any signal to work with. i read a thread about them staying active all the time, well mine are just dead.
octave, tempo and lfo leds are working as intended. but: this unit is silent.
any suggestions?
thank you very much.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: No sound, envelope leds dead.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »
It looks like you already opened a case at the support, you get a answer soon. probably an unplugged cable inside the device
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

pfaffenberg

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:36:11 pm »
Hi guys - I've had mine for about two weeks, and the night before last I turned the unit on and had the identical symptom. No envelope LED blinky; none. Turned it on last night; same results.

Prior to this I was patching between the MB and Eurorack, but do not think this had any adverse effect in regards to what I am experiencing with the MB.

I also ran the software on a netbook with the MB connected and played with aftertouch settings and whatnot.

This is a really neat little synth, and it is unfortunate that so many are having issues. I hate the feeling that I should have just sprung for more modules - but I really want to LOVE the MB. I really want it to shine.... or in this case -- blink.

If it is likely just a loose cable, then I'll just pop it open and reconnect. (Bruno?)

In the last few months I've built numerous Shruthi-1 filters, analogue sequencer, effects boxes, etc... so, Bruno, get as techy as you like with possible solutions - I'll just tear it open and resolve. Please lemme know, sir. Thanks.

pfaffenberg

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:41:23 pm »
Just found..

"try to power up the machine while holding both octave switches. Once done (the 5 octave led should be on), release the switches, start MiniBrute connection Software, It will say it can't find a MiniBrute. Click don't retry. Go to firmware update tab, and press update button."

Will try tonight and see if this resolves. Other sugg's?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:41:45 pm »
I think it's a loose cable indeed. On the first units they was not properly glued, so maybe it has moved while you played it.
Please open a ticket at the support, my or my dear colleague will sent you a pdf file explaining how to open it (TechNote_04). It's very easy.
Then check for a loose cable inside, it's probably one of the two flat ribbon cables.

Sorry about that

This is a really neat little synth, and it is unfortunate that so many are having issues
For sure when you check this forum (especially the technical questions sub forum...) you only found out problems, but that the place where everybody is suppose complains. But as you can see they are few tens of topics, over several thousand of units... I don't think it's that bad.
Anyway we do our best to reduce the amount of issues

Regards
Bruno
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines