March 28, 2024, 03:33:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: midi local on/off mode, aftertouch, usb  (Read 13401 times)

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: midi local on/off mode, aftertouch, usb
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 02:00:52 pm »
Re: midi local control on/off option

DSI Mopho = yes
Novation Ultranova = Yes
Mg Phatty =  Yes
MicroKorg =  Yes
Arturia Minibrute = NO

Make sense to anyone?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:04:38 pm by jooechip »

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 04:39:17 pm »
Joe>
Re: midi local control on/off option

DSI Mopho = yes
Novation Ultranova = Yes
Mg Phatty =  Yes
MicroKorg =  Yes

Make sense to anyone?

do you really want to compare any possibilities of each synths? i guess you did it before buying, nope?

You would do me a favor if you could answer to my previous post of this thread instead of ignoring it, i really would like to know what alternatively means in english. thanx (seriously)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 04:59:54 pm »
joe,

As for you fobbing me off, telling me to contact sales. Why don't you do it? You seem to be forgetting that I just spent about $550 on a synth that doesn't do one of things I bought it for. Pardon me If you think I'm giving YOU are hard time.

It will be my last post on this topic.
I won't contact sales, because each one as his own job, my is to design hardware, and reply to technical issues on this forum.
You obviously have a sales issue, so contact sales, that's it. If I start spending my days handling sales issue, don't expect to get firmware update, or any new products before a few of years...
regards

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 05:56:05 am »
I can give you another way to use the Minibrute as a master keyboard without local on/off : Instead of turning down the main volume, unplug the cable that goes from your Brute to your Soundcard/mixer/whatever, and plug it straight into your ass. Now the minibrute is a perfect master keyboard, just as you wanted it.

But wouldn't that sound sh*t?

OK, Bruno, this is my last post too on this matter.

I guess I will just have to wait for more people to recieve their MInibrutes and try to use them with their DAW before the 'designers' add a midi local on/off mode.

Please note, that all through my posts I have never said anything negative about the sound of the Minibrute or infact anything but positive comments on Arturia taking this brave step into analog.

I have contacted the sales dept at Arturia and we will see what happens, but as I also said, I don't want to have to return it.The Minibrute really does have a unique sonic character.

Joe

kevinmoore73

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 02:01:09 pm »
To me, this seems like a whole lot of fuss over an extremely trivial issue.  Is your MiniBrute's volume knob broken?  What's wrong with turning the volume knob down while using it as a controller?

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 03:53:50 pm »
To me, this seems like a whole lot of fuss over an extremely trivial issue.  Is your MiniBrute's volume knob broken?  What's wrong with turning the volume knob down while using it as a controller?

Because while you use it as a master keyboard to control a vsti for example, you won't be able to hear your minibrute if it is sequenced by the daw, as the volume will be down. Note that this is only a problem if you want to play live on the minibrute keyboard while the daw is running a song. if it's just to enter notes, pitch bend or Wheel modulation, it's not a problem at all.
I'm confident arturia will implement it some days, and right now it really does NOT  need all the negative and unjustified  sentences of this thread. ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines