March 28, 2024, 06:03:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "Failed to Save" Bug  (Read 4388 times)

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
"Failed to Save" Bug
« on: March 14, 2006, 02:29:21 am »
This is not exactly a show stopper, but Arturia should be aware of it.  After MMV is running a certain amount of time it won't allow a person to save a patch.  I'm running the stand alone version on XP.  A message pops up saying "Failed to Save".  The only way to correct that is to exit out of the entire application and run it again.  Of course after enough time goes by the problem repeats itself.

This can be quite maddening if a lot of work is done on a patch only to be told it can't be saved.

-Elhardt

Sweep

"Failed to Save" Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:05:20 pm »
I'm also running it standalone under XP, and that has never happened.

You haven't said what sort of time you mean by `a certain amount of time,' though. Is that twenty minutes, a day, a week?

I did find the 2600V crashing when trying to save a patch, though. Not quite the same behaviour you're describing, but similar I reinstalled it and it's worked perfectly since then.

MarkM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
"Failed to Save" Bug
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 02:28:34 am »
Never happened to me, and I have had it operating for longer than an hour and was able to save a patch.

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
"Failed to Save" Bug
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 02:24:07 am »
The reason I wasn't able to quote a time was because I'm actually not sure whether it's based on time or on the number of patches I've already saved.  But I'd say it would happen probably within 30 minutes of use.

Keep in mind that my standalone MMV XP version is eating through memory at about 7MB per minute.  As a result I make a habit of minimizing then maximizing the application which seems to reset the memory back down to a lower amount.  Also I make a habit of quitting the application altogether no and then running it again just to prevent the Failed to Save problem altogether.  So I'm not experiencing it anymore by doing the proceedure.  I notice though that if I have MMV open for a while some patches can start to take a long time to load, almost like it's getting stuck.  So the whole thing may be caused by some memory allocation problem.

-Elhardt

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines