April 20, 2024, 01:16:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: keyboards  (Read 5214 times)

johnni

keyboards
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:36:42 pm »
Alesis Photon 25
Yahama CBX k1
Evolution mk7
any one know of these mini keyboards and also which mini keyboard is best for a beginner in general especially when using storm.

Togo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
keyboards
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:00:38 pm »
I have a Novation ReMOTE 61 that works nicely with Storm. It comes with its own software editor so you can easily create your own templates (decide which pots output which CCs). Or you can do it the hard way by editing from the keyboard itself.

You could even create a per song template that would match each Storm configuration.

Personally, I can't understand how anyone could be satisfied with fewer than 5 octaves but then I come from an accoustic piano background. 61 keys is a reasonable compromise unless you have a large amount of desk space.

The Novation allows you to change midi channels quickly as you play, which means, by pre-programming the midi channels in Storm to fire different synths, you can easily take control of different synths as you go. Obviously, you can assign the same midi channel to many synths so you can play many at once.

So, you can jam along in one track or more and vary the parameters of all the other synths and effects with the knobs and sliders. Great fun. A midi keyboard is an absolute must when using Storm!

You may need to vary the latency settings in Storm to suit real-time jamming, especially if you're using an external instrument for the first time.
-- Togo

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines