March 29, 2024, 12:27:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark midi sync issue  (Read 2844 times)

MichaelM

Spark midi sync issue
« on: November 29, 2012, 08:12:53 pm »
I've just started using Spark (software only) in a studio environment and I have my pc midi out connected to a Korg Triton rack (and various other keyboards and modules). I was hoping to use Spark to trigger the drums on the Triton but for some reason I can't get midi out from Spark. I have selected my midi adapter but I can't find anywhere to select midi channel (although drums are usually ch10). All my other hardware and software works fine via my pc, but Spark just doesn't want to play ball.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

vaikl

Re: Spark midi sync issue
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:02:19 pm »
What Spark software are you using? CDM, VDM, HipHop, stand-alone, VSTi/AU (in which host)?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 09:09:57 am »
Hi,
don't forget to enable MIDI out from sequencer and/or from pads.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

vaikl

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:23 am »
Ah, Kevin, as you mentioned it...

I now have the whole cake, Spark CDM with controller, but I also have the same bug as with my prior VDM software - Using Spark's AU plugin in Live gives me the "### IAC Driver (blabla)'###" error in the MIDI out setting, when using the VST plug all is fine. I had a support ticket closed on this with the answer that it maybe an issue with Ableton.

Are you working on a fix or must I wait on Ableton to fix their AU integration???

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:59:02 am »
If you are using Ableton and want to use this MIDI OUT feature, I strongly recommend you to use the VST version of Spark.
Set up the MIDI out in an Audio Unit is not an easy thing and I don't think any Audio Unit DAW is working on improving this.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines