April 23, 2024, 10:24:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: WHAT WOULD YOU WANT FROM AUTURIA ...  (Read 33788 times)

gore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
WHAT WOULD YOU WANT FROM AUTURIA ...
« on: December 16, 2005, 12:14:18 pm »
WHAT WOULD YOU WANT FROM AUTURIA ... ?

I want :

1/ Multi effect composite from all effect built in Arturia VSTi , because effects at Arturia VSTi are strong usable ! It can be like "vintage effect bundle" or like  "vintage effect modular system" , full of classic analog effect emulations ... with best Arturia sound ! WOW

2/ And fantastic can to be emulation of Oberheim Xpander ! WOW

poropat

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU WANT FROM AUTURIA ...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 05:01:36 pm »
Quote from: "gore"

I want :

1/ Multi effect composite from all effect built in Arturia VSTi , because effects at Arturia VSTi are strong usable ! It can be like "vintage effect bundle" or like  "vintage effect modular system" , full of classic analog effect emulations ... with best Arturia sound ! WOW

Unfortunately they seem have some problems with the Oberheim name.
Gibson and Viscount seem against.
VCollection 8

omissis

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 05:06:47 pm »
A perfect emulation of a Yamaha CS polyphonic, whatever
Max

a CS-80Vist

mutate

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: WHAT WOULD YOU WANT FROM AUTURIA ...
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 08:32:22 pm »
Quote from: "gore"

I want :

Heck Yea!!! An Expander would be AWSOME!!! I had the pleasure of borrowing one for a few months and it defiantly is a very unique instrument with allot of cool features.

What I would MOST LIKE TO SEE from Arturia is for them to DROP THE DONGLE SYSTEM!!! I was so excited when I saw the new ProphetV since I  love the VS sound (I have the rack VS :)) and the NI Pro-53 is kind of week compared to a real Prophet (I used to own one). Upon further reading about the details of the ProphetV my excitement turned to disappointment when I realized Arturia have switched over to a dongle system of copy protection. CD check stinks, but dongle stinks more. NI has the best copy protection with a challenge response type system.

I guess I just don't understand software company's logic with copy protection. Maybe I'm not totally informed about the facts but my opinion is that copy protection such as dongles turn away more than the pirates. They turn away people like me. People who are ready to fork out cash on this outstanding product (until they realize it requires a dongle). Why, do I hate dongles? Well I had one for Reaktor 3 and I have one for Logic Pro. Now imagine I wanted to buy cubase, then I’d have another and then I wanted grm tools or something that requires an iLok. Pretty soon you have 5 FRICKIN DONGLES HANGING OFF THE BACK OF YOUR COMPUTER. On top of having all this HARDWARE hanging off the back of your computer you have to INSTALL ADITIONAL SOFTWARE just to run the protection!!! OK, so it's like this, you want to buy a software version of some vintage instrument, YET YOU DON'T GET A PIECE OF SOFTWARE YOU GET A PIECE OF SOFTWARE, A PIECE OF HARDWARE AND ANOTHER PIECE OF SOFTWARE TO RUN THE SOFTWARE YOU BOUGHT.

I will never buy any software that requires a dongle.

Armando Rojas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:20:56 pm »
It is interesting there are requests for Arturia to switch to vintage FX - for 2 reasons I find this unusual:

1) because of thier innate flexibility synths do not generally require much in the way of FX, and most already have one or two of those you would want, such as chorus, delay, verb
2) there are INNUMERABLE software companies producing FX, some already focusing on vintage for keyboards such as the excellent Scarbee Vintage Keyboard FX, and other vintage sounds such as Nomad Blue Tubes bundle.

Also speaking of the Prophet - yes I am excited too and agree Pro-53 is weak. Interface design sucks as well - too small, guess it was built in the days of average 800 x 600 user resuolution! And double yes on dongle. I could NOT get my Brass demo to license properly, in fact I did not see one post from one user talking about a successful demo install - only complaints about non-working demos and discussions of the product after purchase. This is BAD FOR BUSINESS! Any revenues lost due to piracy must be insginificant compared to the losses of people losing interest when they hear it is dongle protection. To be fair, I would like to see statistics, but such do not exist in all likelihood...

Armando.

Armando Rojas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 11:22:23 pm »
snipped by Armando

Armando Rojas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 11:24:06 pm »
APOLOGIES for multiple posts - the site kept showing a "user unknown debug mode" error message.

:roll:

Armando.

mutate

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 05:35:44 pm »
Quote from: "Armando Rojas"

Also speaking of the Prophet - yes I am excited too and agree Pro-53 is weak. Interface design sucks as well - too small, guess it was built in the days of average 800 x 600 user resuolution! And double yes on dongle. I could NOT get my Brass demo to license properly, in fact I did not see one post from one user talking about a successful demo install - only complaints about non-working demos and discussions of the product after purchase. This is BAD FOR BUSINESS! Any revenues lost due to piracy must be insginificant compared to the losses of people losing interest when they hear it is dongle protection. To be fair, I would like to see statistics, but such do not exist in all likelihood...

Armando.

Also, I would assume that the people running pirated copy's of software ARE NOT LIKELY TO BUY THE PRODUCT ANYWAY. So this is where I'm confused in the logic behind such protection. Your not creating more revenues there and I would also assume that the pirates who are not likely to buy the product are the majority. So really doesn't make much sense to me from any stand point.

I sort of agree with your interface comment. Having an original VS I would have liked to see the VS look more like the VS instead of it being transposed onto to wood style P-5 keyboard. The VS wasn't really part of the wood era.

Armando Rojas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 06:03:27 pm »
Quote from: "mutate"

Also, I would assume that the people running pirated copy's of software ARE NOT LIKELY TO BUY THE PRODUCT ANYWAY. So this is where I'm confused in the logic behind such protection. Your not creating more revenues there and I would also assume that the pirates who are not likely to buy the product are the majority. So really doesn't make much sense to me from any stand point.

I sort of agree with your interface comment. Having an original VS I would have liked to see the VS look more like the VS instead of it being transposed onto to wood style P-5 keyboard. The VS wasn't really part of the wood era.

I don't think there's ANY QUESTION that the majority of pirates would not buy. On the other hand, I know for a fact that when a product is cracked, it enables many people to try it out and determine whether or not they like it - and the ones who like it and are beyond the hobby level DO buy it. Enough on Syncrosoft - it is well known that a cracking group who shall remain unnamed managed to get through the Steinberg Syncrosoft protection and create emulated software dongles.

On the matter of interface design, it is the Native Instruments version I was criticizing. I think Arturia has done a FAR better job judging by screenshots. NI's is much too small for people using any screen resolution beyond 800 x 600. I do not know the VS so cannot comment.

Armando.

omissis

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 08:38:49 pm »
If I have to tell something about the copy protection: I would really disagree with arturia for the dongles, yes they keep the work protected but only for short whiles and they prove annoying situations with installs and all that.
What I complain the most about arturia ( not the single guys which are nice and talentuous people  8) ) is that they make too few beta test , for too short times and with too few testers .That means less datas, less opinions to compare therefore less control on a difficult to build product like a softsynth. Beta shall walk shoulder-shoulder with the R&D itself because it helps defining the details which are the most causing headaches things [EDIT]...for example I'm getting the kind help of a lot of guys owners of CS80s ( including two columns of this forum : G.Poropat and Tommy "ROCS-80" Priakos ) and I'm tracing dozens of detailed things that contribute to the sound of the old Yamaha dinosaur ,and that were thought of a small importance...well believe me that if those guys were involved since the very first version, the opportunities of coming out with an almost perfect product could have been a lot more! If I was the CEO of Arturia I will call up for the beta with announcements on the main softsynths sites like KVR with strongs discounts for the testers, the more testing , the better the result!! I would then find some criterias in order to let the testers be eligible. Once eligible the testers would get full acces to the beta program!
About the Prophet I'm excited about it, if you consider it is a native softsynth I believe that this will be the best P5 emulation.....anyway I would have been even more glad with an unusual synth like a SYNTHEX or an Oberheim SEM ( when those stupid people at Gibson-Viscount will come back on their footseps??!! ), the first because it was and is one of the most powerful polysynths of all the times and NO EMULATION exists of it, the second because it could have been arranged to be "assembled" in a 2-4-8 voices poly Oberheim 8)  8)
Max

a CS-80Vist

poropat

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 02:18:39 am »
About Arturia, I feel now we have very few feedbacks from technical
support. I don't know now what's their new strategie, maybe now they
consider beta testing needs to be done inside their company only
instead of involving users?!?
We even don't have any estimated date for the release of prophet V.

I agree with you Max about the Synthex and Oberheim synths.
Synthex is really a must, I could know that because I have one,
and about oberheim, when you consider now even Tom
Oberheim wouldn't be allowed to write his name on a synth,
few chance Arturia could.
I don't know why Gibson-Viscount are so sharp on Oberheim
question, at the same time they are unable to make any analog
or virtual synth with enough quality for they could write Oberheim.
It would be better they continue to build guitars and organs and they
open the path to other people.
Maybe we would need to spam them with petitions :twisted:
VCollection 8

omissis

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 01:43:37 pm »
Quote from: "poropat"
About Arturia, I feel now we have very few feedbacks from technical
support. I don't know now what's their new strategie, maybe now they
consider beta testing needs to be done inside their company only
instead of involving users?!?
We even don't have any estimated date for the release of prophet V.

Of course a company tries to keep their own projects as secret as they could in order to face the competitions and copycats all around the world, I'm not saying this is not the right way, I'm only saying that the more people can be involved into the betas , the better will be the result.
Look at this thread on KVR

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120062&highlight=arturia

There a guy has been able to develop a PM trumpet which could compete with BRASS trumpet model in less than 1 month, he caught the collaboration of many people then he came out with a very good model of the trumpet. I'm not saying that BRASS isn't good, I want to say that as much as the developers can get feedback from technicians and musicians, therefore the product will be even and even better!

Quote from: "poropat"
I agree with you Max about the Synthex and Oberheim synths.
[...]
Maybe we would need to spam them with petitions :twisted:

Gibson isn't getting a holed coin out of the Oberheim's name, it's only a stupid, stupid, stupid legal battle, sadly Tom Oberheim can't brand his synths with his own name, it's madmen's stuff....I would long for a SEM module, one of the most genius synthesizers ever made....
Max

a CS-80Vist

poropat

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 06:38:09 pm »
I want to say that as much as the developers can get feedback from technicians and musicians, therefore the product will be even and even better!

Definitively Yes.
And the problem is the same with hardware synth builders.
If they would be more in touch with musicians, they could produce
better synths, instead of always romplers.

it's only a stupid, stupid, stupid legal battle, sadly Tom Oberheim can't brand his synths with his own name, it's madmen's stuff

Yes, and it's difficult to accept it's us, need to pay for their stupidity.
And too bad Tom Oberheim didn't continue to produce amazing synths
even with another name as "Marion" for example.
The SEM is a very good one, and very rare.
At the same time I think Arturia could make a SEM-V, if they don't
write "oberheim" on the product, I don't know how Gibson could against.
They could call it the MIEHREBO-V, or Marion-V  :twisted:
VCollection 8

Armando Rojas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 12:17:06 am »
I remember when Oberheim was rumoured to be the next Arturia project, but didn't know about the Gibson/Oberheim problem at the time. One possible workaround would be for Tom Oberheim  (http://www.museresearch.com/bio_tom_oberheim.php) and Arturia to get together and develop something with the SEM as the foundation - unless of course Gibson has acquired all patents on the componentry and interface design of the SEM. Then we're all basically out of luck I guess until the Gibson execs mature a bit and realize there is an opportunity for them to make money and please some musicians, even at the cost of some "pride"...?

Armando.

poropat

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 09:17:14 am »
:evil:

why are they allowed to do that?

http://www.sonicprojects.ch/

and why Arturia are not?
VCollection 8

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines