March 28, 2024, 06:26:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Brass first impressions  (Read 14758 times)

child.stratosphere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Brass first impressions
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 05:39:48 pm »
i had considered using it in jazzy/funky house music and some RnB and RareGroovy tracks ... i thought i could use it to sketch out ideas, do some overdubs and on occasional inspired moments string together a solo or JB horns style brass riff to sweeten up jazzy-house trax ...  altogether nothing brass-centric though.

despite not being a wind player, i hear wind in my head pretty good and whenever i'm in a studio with a saxophonist, trumpetist or flutist (don't dig/meet trombones too much), i have no problem directing it so it gets to sound pretty close to what i imagined. i always do a lot of minutelong 'impro' takes so i have some material i can cut up for other songs later on ...

i have some solos done by a saxplayer which i have lost track of .. all the recordings we did together are terrible quality done on a 4-track portastudio years ago ... i transcribed some of the solos in MIDI so i was looking forward to load them up and fiddle around with sound and 'performance controls' to see what comes out ... i think i just wasn't ready for the kazoo to hit me

i wasn't really counting on using it n a live scenario, but the fact that it doesn't run properly even on a boosted quad is a real downer and limits it's use even more. it would be nice to just trigger the riffs to a playing song in Cubase and then fiddle around with the presets and take the editing from there ... but triggering the riffs at low buffer settings just doesn't work

Mike Bishop

Brass first impressions
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 06:33:36 pm »
You are right, brass in riff mode with more than one riff does not work. Are they going to fix this? Or do i have to play/ edit one riff at a time and record as audio?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines