March 29, 2024, 12:54:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: miniMg demo sounds horrible-help?  (Read 3523 times)

rjd2

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
miniMg demo sounds horrible-help?
« on: October 26, 2005, 04:37:33 pm »
hi-i downloaded the demo version of the miniMg, in hopes that i would like it and buy it, of course. however, there is a latency with most of the notes played using a midi keyboard, and i get this digital crackle about half the time, rendering it virtually unusable. i like the sounds, and i would love to buy the program, hell, i would probably buy the virtual cs80 and 2600 as well, but if this is what its gonna sound like, then its not usable for me. any tech people available for help here? im running:

g4 1gb powerbook

does the same thing if i run through the internal output, or a plugin on protools LE/digi 002.

thanks arturia.

marinedalek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
miniMg demo sounds horrible-help?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:26:02 pm »
The digital crackle half the time is probably the copy-protection built into the demo. It's there to make it unusable enough so that you can tell what it sounds like, but can't use it properly without buying it. The latency is most likely a function of your sound card. If you have asio drivers you can select those and if not you can use asio4all ( http://www.asio4all.com/ ) to emulate it. This should bring the latency down to near zero (at least it does on my card).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines