April 26, 2024, 03:20:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is MMV ver 2.x or 3.x coming any time soon ?  (Read 3119 times)

daveoo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is MMV ver 2.x or 3.x coming any time soon ?
« on: October 23, 2005, 09:46:44 pm »
I wonder if there are any plans to continue to enhance the wonderful MMV and when these might come to fruition.  For what it's worth, I'd still like to see the MMV able to offer its external input to Cakewalk's SONAR when the MMV is used as a DXI in its own track as opposed to only available when I use it as an effects plugin.

There's also the question of the clunks problem when the VCA's are controlled by the sequencer.  (reported to and verified by Aruturia support some time ago)

And it would be nice to see more flexibility in module choice (only 1 ring mod, why not 10 ?  surely there's no architectural limitation.

And there's the little issue of the VCA's not being triggered by the Envelope Followers.  The VCA's need a kick start from an LFO or Keyboard or the sequencer to produce sound.  (reported to and verified by Arturia)

And it would be lovely to save the sequences separately to the rest of the instrumentation, though I suspect this is an implementational nightmare.

Oh yeah, and please please please could we have the MMV responding to patch changes generated by Cakewalk SONAR (and presumably similar products).  If this functionality is in place, would someone please post up a document telling us how to do it.

Finally, long term, Arturia could do something amazing with the MMV architecture by providing the means for cables from separate MMV instances to interconnect.  This would be a unique instrument, easy to use by virtue of its cable interface.

Long live Arturia's MMV

Dave Olive

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines