April 20, 2024, 03:56:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: About Brass  (Read 3891 times)

Bruksarn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
About Brass
« on: August 25, 2005, 03:15:06 pm »
I have listen to Brass and it sound not to good, sometimes as a trumpet, sometimes as a synt who attempt to sound as a trumpet. So keep finetuning. your previous synths shows that you are able to create great synths

Tony Ostinato

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
About Brass
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 03:10:24 am »
Before posting any criticism of brass you should look into the other attempts at physical modeling brass, mainly the Yamaha VL series.

Heres some good audio examples:

http://www.patchmanmusic.com/yamahaVL70m.html

This is what interests me in brass and this is what sets it apart from ALL OTHER brass plugins.

Physical Modeling of brass is a vastly difficult thing but it gives you a plugin you can play live in realtime instead of sample and hybrid sample based attempts which are only good if you sit and edit together your track.

I am an actual pro trumpet player and the current demos impress me far more than any sampled trumpet ive ever heard.

but i must say i especially like the trombone at the moment, its character is different than the VL model and ill bet the 2 will compliment each other and maybe after 6 years+ f playing vl70-m im just used to it but i think i like the trombone in brass maybe a little better.

I use the Yamaha WX5 wind controller.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines