March 28, 2024, 10:41:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Griffin Powermate/Mg Modular/Tiger/Pro Tools  (Read 3005 times)

max cooper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Griffin Powermate/Mg Modular/Tiger/Pro Tools
« on: August 22, 2005, 12:32:01 am »
Just thought I'd share this, because it's been a real time saver.

I bought one of these Griffin Powermates, which is like a stand-alone 'jog wheel'.  It can be assigned different functions in different applications; in Pro Tools I have it assigned to nudge regions right and left when the knob is turned right and left [(#+) and (#-) are the settings, btw.]  The other functions I have it assigned to are: short click: play, long click: record, push and turn left: moves cursor to the beginning of the current selection, push and turn right: moves cursor to the end of the current selection.

But when the cursor is over the Mg Modular, the knob moves the Modular through the presets (which is a real time saver; I find that the up/down arrow buttons on the preset window are not so responsive.)  It may seem like a small point, but when auditioning presets with different MIDI files, it's really fast.

It seems like the settings I've assigned the Power Mate in Pro Tools have nothing to do with it's behaviour in Mg Modular.  It doesn't behave this way with any other plugins or virtual instruments that I own.

so, there you go!
Max

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines