March 28, 2024, 04:27:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Resizing Instrument Window  (Read 14155 times)

Grisham

Resizing Instrument Window
« on: August 21, 2005, 07:22:51 pm »
Hello, :)

Why does the Mg Modular V DXi window not increase in size when the + button is used, all that happens it the bottom part of the synth starts to get cut off and cannot be scrolled to.  :?:
When I start up the bottom part of the Mg is cut off and I have to press the - button for it to show.

I am using the DXi in FL Studio 5.0.2 (none of the Arturia vsti work).

A similar thing happens in the stand alone except the window does get bigger but then the bottom part of the synth gets cut off more and more as the + button is used.

The +- size feature works on Arp2600V DXi.

My Specs are: Windows XP SP2; Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz; 2 Gigs Ram; Ati 9700 128 Megs; Inspiron 9100.

I have sent a number of request for support over a week ago but have had no reply, I don't think it is working.

:(

Thanks.
-
Grisham/Ghrisholm

Zelmo

Resizing Instrument Window
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 03:48:06 pm »
I'm going to jump on this bandwagon, too.

For those of us who have the luxury of large monitors, PLEASE allow us to resize the stand-alone application window to show all (or most) of the console ... don't arbitrarily cut off the display window.

-z-

carbinax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Resizing Instrument Window
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 09:46:10 pm »
I would love to use modular v2 a lot more, but to be honest, its a real PITA having to scroll up and down constantly.
For this reason, and this reason alone, it NEVER gets used.
The only reason Im writing this, is because I was attempting to follow a Computer music magazine tutorial that uses modular v, and I have a lot of screen but the modular is crammed into a tiny rectangle.
The inability to see the synth without scrolling, is a dealbreaker for me, and it will lie dormant in a corner of my vst folder while I use the rest of the VCollection.

Please.......update it and give us the option of seeing the whole thing, or at least 3 quarters of it.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 10:08:28 pm »
It's in the works, several of us are Beta Testing for newer versions of Analog Lab, and the various V collection synths. 
They're rolling them out for beta testing nearly every week at this point, and I can tell you from first glances, being able to enlarge the synth to over 200% is quite nice, especially on the modular's like the ARP2600, which just began testing near the end of last week.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 12:15:52 am »
I would love to use modular v2 a lot more, but to be honest, its a real PITA having to scroll up and down constantly.
The only reason Im writing this, is because I was attempting to follow a Computer music magazine tutorial that uses modular v, and I have a lot of screen but the modular is crammed into a tiny rectangle.
The inability to see the synth without scrolling, is a dealbreaker for me, and it will lie dormant in a corner of my vst folder while I use the rest of the VCollection.

Please.......update it and give us the option of seeing the whole thing, or at least 3 quarters of it.

Hmmm. You DO realize that there's two little arrows in the top right corner of the instrument (standalone or VST or whatever) that allows you to lengthen/shrink the window size, yes?
The UI is indeed quite tiny and hard to see, but as stated TonyFlyingSquirrel, larger resizeable interfaces are in the works. Which is awesome.
However, I've got a 20", 1920x1080 display, and can see the top three sections of the synth at one time. I just clicked the "enlarge" button until it was the height of my screen. Only the keyboard is off-screen. (or, of course, scroll so the keyboard is in view, but not the sequencer/eq/effects sections.)
I hope that helps. You say "tiny rectangle," and i defaults to opening in a pretty small window until you lengthen it, then it remembers that. :)
This space left intentionally blank.

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 01:29:09 am »

Hmmm. You DO realize that there's two little arrows in the top right corner of the instrument (standalone or VST or whatever) that allows you to lengthen/shrink the window size, yes?
The UI is indeed quite tiny and hard to see, but as stated TonyFlyingSquirrel, larger resizeable interfaces are in the works. Which is awesome.
However, I've got a 20", 1920x1080 display, and can see the top three sections of the synth at one time. I just clicked the "enlarge" button until it was the height of my screen. Only the keyboard is off-screen. (or, of course, scroll so the keyboard is in view, but not the sequencer/eq/effects sections.)
I hope that helps. You say "tiny rectangle," and i defaults to opening in a pretty small window until you lengthen it, then it remembers that. :)

I'm afraid I cannot see the "little arrows" in the top right corner of the instrument. I would really love to be able to increase the amount I can see of the Modular V at any one time (keeping it a 100% scaling of course). I have a 50" 4K monitor and it is frustrating interacting with the Modular V as it feels like I am operating it through a keyhole!

LBH

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 03:16:08 am »
I'm afraid I cannot see the "little arrows" in the top right corner of the instrument. I would really love to be able to increase the amount I can see of the Modular V at any one time (keeping it a 100% scaling of course). I have a 50" 4K monitor and it is frustrating interacting with the Modular V as it feels like I am operating it through a keyhole!

Just to be certain. We are talking about Modular V2 and not the new Modular V3 here.
In Modular V2 there is a little + and - at the top far right just right of beside the "keyb" icon. That's not arrows. Can be hard to see.
If it do'es what you need i don't know. It just make more or less of the synth clear to be seen. No scaling of the synth GUI. The GUI is one size only.

EDIT: Perhaps ishould add, that tiy can scale the GUI in the new Modular V3 and also there is some option to change the size of the window.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:46:46 am by LBH »

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 03:10:35 am »

Just to be certain. We are talking about Modular V2 and not the new Modular V3 here.
In Modular V2 there is a little + and - at the top far right just right of beside the "keyb" icon. That's not arrows. Can be hard to see.
If it do'es what you need i don't know. It just make more or less of the synth clear to be seen. No scaling of the synth GUI. The GUI is one size only.

EDIT: Perhaps ishould add, that tiy can scale the GUI in the new Modular V3 and also there is some option to change the size of the window.

You are right - I have the Modular V3. It does have scaling (which is a nice feature) but I'm still having to scroll up and down all the time. I cannot, for the life of me, find out how to actually resize the window. I've been hunting around for this functionality and damned if I can find it. I've even hunted through the manual. I can only assume that you are not permitted to resize the window. Pity.

LBH

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 04:04:25 am »
You are right - I have the Modular V3. It does have scaling (which is a nice feature) but I'm still having to scroll up and down all the time. I cannot, for the life of me, find out how to actually resize the window. I've been hunting around for this functionality and damned if I can find it. I've even hunted through the manual. I can only assume that you are not permitted to resize the window. Pity.
Modular V is very big. I'm not sure you will be able to see everything at the same time. Perhaps it depends on the resolution and your screen size.
On some screens and resolutions it will be way to small a GUI if you could see it all, as i see it. I don't have very high resolution screen. On some screens a 50% size is missing.

About resizing the widow on Modular V3, then in the bottom right corner of the window right beside the CPU meter you see some white stribes. If you click and drag on those stribes, then you resize the window. You see the cursor change when you are over it. How much you can resize apparantly depend on the resosultion and your screensize. That if this is intended behavior.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:15:10 am by LBH »

carbinax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 08:12:41 am »
so if i'm understanding this correctly, my modular V will never be fixed, because I have to buy an update to make it display the way it was supposed to. Its been broke since the day and hour I bought it !!!
Whenever I click on the buttons which show just the keyboard, or just the arpeggiator etc....it just stays like that, and any attempt to make it revert back to full size doesnt work, and I am then forced to scroll up and down. Its garbage and I wish I'd never bought it. The + and - buttons do absolutely nothing.

LBH

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 01:55:22 pm »
so if i'm understanding this correctly, my modular V will never be fixed, -  Its been broke since the day and hour I bought it !!!
V2 has been discontinuet.

When you click the icon KEYB in Modular V2, then the + and - buttons does'nt work before you click on one of the other icons. But they does work.
Each time you click the Windows size will get a little bigger when using + and a little smaller when using -. Just click multple times.

I have to buy an update to make it display the way it was supposed to.
How was V2 supposed to work like?
Yes V3 work different than V2. V3 also have a completely new and different preset browser system.
V3 is'nt that new anymore. It came with V-Collection 5, and now we are on V-Collection 6. When and where did you buy Modular V2?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:57:19 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines