March 28, 2024, 09:24:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sound managing  (Read 3848 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Sound managing
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:54:23 am »
Hi guys,

Yesterday I went through all my Origin presets and tried to make it better organized. It took hours and I must say that keeping it in order is far from easy. And I have asked hundred times for better computer integration and in this case, better librarian functions. Just for comparison, I have also Nord Stage2 and Korg Radias and both of them are much more easy to deal with.

Now, in my opinion this is the most obvious thing which makes Origin sounds difficult to handle: If you move a certain program-preset to another memory location, then a multi-preset which used it cannot anymore use it. In fact, this preset "disappears" from multi slot page. So  you have to know from each preset if it is used by some multi or not. Still, if you are careful (like I did yesterday), it's painfully slow to (1) move some program to another location and then (2) change the multi-preset to have this "new" program. As a comparision, in Nord Stage2 you can move your synth-programs to anywhere in the memory and still they work in multis. This makes everything SO MUCH easier.

Maybe it would be possible to make a kind of "move program" feature inside the Origin or into Origin Connection program? If you choose to do it, then it would automatically modify involved multi-presets in a way that they match this new memory location. Also, it would be helpful if you choose to "erase/delete program", then it would warn you, if some multi is using this program.

What do you think?

Philippe

Re: Sound managing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:02:44 am »
I agree. I take note of the "Move Preset" feature idea.
Origin Lead  Developer

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 06:10:54 pm »

Hi, I second this request. Also, along the same lines, keeping Multis/Programs/Sequences synchronized between two Origins can be very difficult. It would be nice to have an "overwrite" option, where Origin Connection detects that Multis/Programs that I am trying to transfer to an Origin already exist (based on their name) and gives me the option to overwrite. Of course it would also need to overwrite the associated sequences...

tertior

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 08:15:58 pm »
SORRY but I do not second this request because the backup system can be organized in bank, I have a fusion and it is no better than the origin for the organization.
I prefer Phillipe bump on something else for the origin because it takes too much time this request for something we can do ourselves.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »

Oh I agree this should not be one of the high priority ones. But at some point it would be nice to be able to move (within Origin) and overwrite (from Origin Connection -> Origin) Multi's/Programs/Sequences

Superwaldi

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:43:10 am »
+1 for a better Software Integration. I spent hours to organized my presets.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines