March 28, 2024, 08:51:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.5 released  (Read 29091 times)

stevenorgate

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
1.5 released
« on: June 02, 2005, 06:39:01 pm »
Yay! :D

omissis

1.5 released
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 06:45:55 pm »
8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)
Max

a CS-80Vist

ptbarnum

1.5 released
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 10:13:48 pm »
oddly,the installer won't allow me to update  on my machine.

Marzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
1.5 released
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 07:07:01 am »
Same here- I can't install the update on my PowerBook G4, OS X 10.4.1 :(

Cubrik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
1.5 released
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 08:10:29 am »
Thank you Arturia

Nicolas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
1.5 released
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 10:58:08 am »
Marzzz : Note that you must insert the original CDRom before launching the update. There is a problem with the installer on Tiger, and the error message is not correctly displayed. But it should be "Please insert your original CDRom"

Nicolas
ARTURIA

Marzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
1.5 released
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 03:23:24 pm »
Thanks Nicolas- yes, that was it, the installer works in Tiger if you insert the original CD before starting the installer. Usually an installer will ask you to insert the original CD during the process. :idea:

Relayesr

1.5 released
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 06:51:57 am »
The 1.5 update is very good. I have had to make some adjustments to my own presets, but I like them better now. The Chorus and Tremolo are much improved. Well done.
-Steve

omissis

1.5 released
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 12:29:32 pm »
The 1.5 update sounds glorious and as analog as no other native VA synths out there, in my opinion the CS-80V is surclassing even the Virtual Mgs ( but I am a non-objective users as you know :wink: )
Max

a CS-80Vist

poropat

1.5 released
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 02:34:45 pm »
I agree, now CS80V is really a killer VST, and, very important,
not so heavy for CPU.
VCollection 8

bg

• Beta-testers
1.5 released
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 04:47:30 pm »
Arturia is to be commended for a very good upgrade.

The sawtooth sounds noticeably more rich now.  I've been experimenting with brass sounds using just one osc. and it sounds great.

Gone is the intermodulation jumpiness that I noted when low notes are zero-beat tuned.  Now it sounds smooth and analog-sounding.

One nice detail is the oscillator on/off switches now engage silently.  (It used to pop loudly if a note was sounding.)  

The voice card trimmer panel is nicely done.  I would only mention that it might be better to have zero in the center of the trimmer's range so that a card can be tuned above or below reference.  The workaround for this currently is to turn the master tuning pot slightly flat.

The ribbon now works properly in Sustain I mode.  In this mode, the ribbon only affects notes which are held down.  Try this:  Engage sustain, set a long sustain time with the slider, select Sustain Mode I.  Now hold a note and bend the pitch with the ribbon (or external MIDI pitch wheel).  Release the key, then release the ribbon.  The sustain decays at the bent pitch even after the ribbon returns to zero.  Very good.

The character of Initial Pitchbend is improved.  It sounds more like the original now.  The only thing is, you have to hit keys with full velocity to get the full range of the bend.  Should the lever have a slightly greater range so you don't have to hit the keys so hard?

The chorus sounds great!  Very much like what I hear on the end of the Alaska intro.

The ring modulator sounds much different from 1.2.  I'm reserving comment until I work with it more.

I really appreciate 1.5 being released for Mac OS 9.  I didn't expect it this time, so I am grateful.

Again, CS-80V 1.5 sounds very good.  More importantly, it sounds closer to a CS-80 than before.  Bravo, Arturia!

moogplayer

• http://www.myspace.com/airport81
1.5 released
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 05:58:03 pm »
Had no problems with the 1.5 upgrade...but where's the global tuning and voice card panel? Can't find it anywhere!
Thanks

Andy

omissis

1.5 released
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 05:59:45 pm »
Right click on the "CS-80V" writing, right to the ribbon 8)
Max

a CS-80Vist

moogplayer

• http://www.myspace.com/airport81
1.5 released
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 06:59:44 pm »
very cool - thanks!!!

omissis

1.5 released
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 11:31:21 pm »
Quote from: "bg"
Arturia is to be commended for a very good upgrade.

A big Hoooraaah for the guys!

The voice card trimmer panel is nicely done.  I would only mention that it might be better to have zero in the center of the trimmer's range so that a card can be tuned above or below reference.  The workaround for this currently is to turn the master tuning pot slightly flat.

Actually trimmers don't have a 0 point  :wink:  anyway there is a reset function to "tune" them all prefectly 8)

The character of Initial Pitchbend is improved.  It sounds more like the original now.  The only thing is, you have to hit keys with full velocity to get the full range of the bend.  Should the lever have a slightly greater range so you don't have to hit the keys so hard?.

If on the old CS-80 the 1/2 tone range could be reached only at full velocity it seemed natural to get it at velocity = 127 , anyway this could be reduced to vel =100 or 95 in a future version

The chorus sounds great!  Very much like what I hear on the end of the Alaska intro.

Yes, definitely even if a little but peculiar thing is lacking , but this was simply for a lack of time I think...surely in version 2.0 !!!

The ring modulator sounds much different from 1.2.  I'm reserving comment until I work with it more.

The work that Xavier made on ringmodulator has been spectacular...he debugged all section and fixed a bad routing problem on MOD parameter. Moreover he made the envelope able to be always active when switched on, as it was on the original CS-80...the behaviour of the ringmod is practically the same of the original!

Again, CS-80V 1.5 sounds very good.  More importantly, it sounds closer to a CS-80 than before.  Bravo, Arturia!

....and this isn't yet the end... 8)  8)
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines